How would I go about getting the clock on my iPhone to display the seconds beside the minutes?

I have looked at Settings → General → Date & Time, but it only allows me to choose a Time Zone, Set the clock automatically or toggle 24-Hour Time.

Is there anything I can do to cause the clock to display seconds in addition to minutes and hours?

asked Aug 19 '13 at 11:13

5

  • Does the included Clock application fit the bill?

    Aug 19 '13 at 12:11

  • I hadn't thought to check that, I had a look and I've found that the Clock application doesn't show seconds, I've tried to find the settings for it to see if that can be changed but I can't see to locate them, are they there?

    user40661

    Aug 19 '13 at 12:15

  • oops. maybe the upcoming OS ;)

    Aug 19 '13 at 12:19

  • I just checked my wife's iPhone 4. She also has the clock app. It is showing seconds in the World clock section. I'll look to see if there are other ways.

    Aug 19 '13 at 12:39

  • @DavidDelMonte I've just noticed that the world clocks have a red hand ticking for seconds, but there isn't a numeric value. What I'm really trying to achieve is to change the clock that is displayed at the top and also when the phone is locked so that it shows seconds

    user40661

    Aug 19 '13 at 13:06

4 Answers 4

Is there anything I can do to cause the clock to display seconds in addition to minutes and hours?

In the default, non-jailbroken OS? I don't think so.

In the status bar on a jailbroken iPhone? Yes. It's called StatusBarSeconds.

enter image description here

answered Aug 19 '13 at 18:04

If you look at the icon for the Clock app on your home screen it has a second hand. For most cases this is sufficient for me.

answered Apr 12 '17 at 22:18

answered Oct 19 '16 at 17:01

1

  • This doesn't address the question by the OP.

    Oct 19 '16 at 17:10

If u want to time 90 seconds set it to 2 minutes then run it down to 1 min 30 secs. Hit pause. Now u can run 90 secs.

answered Aug 31 '14 at 19:31

You must log in to answer this question.